If you’re a travel lover, chances are you already have this year – or even the next year! – booked with flights and vacations to your favorite destinations. In turn, it’s really difficult to incorporate anything sudden and long-term in your schedule, as travel schedules are often strict, which is why making itineraries for them is so much fun. As such, it can become quite frustrating for travel lovers once they realize that they have a house move to work on, as a house move can demand so much from a person’s time. After all, there’s a lot of requirements to fix and a lot of things to consider. Chances are, some trips might have to be moved or outright cancelled to accommodate a move.
Given that a move just happens a few times in a lifetime, it’s safe to say that sacrificing a few trips would be worth the while for a move to happen, right? Not necessarily! In fact, with a few tips, wanderlusts can enjoy their time in vacation while fulfilling their moving obligations at the same time. Here are some quick tips that could help incorporate a house move with a vacation:
- Consider planning your itinerary while working on your moving documents. If you have decided on your house move, chances are you need to work on documents for your homeownership as well – such as requirements for your utilities, leases, or even things such as insurance for best long distance movers you plan on hiring. However, instead of allotting a separate day for working on these requirements, try to incorporate this into your itinerary planning stage. This capitalizes on being in the mood for logistical work, which may allow you to hit two birds with one stone.
- Organize your household inventory while planning what to bring or buy for your trip or tour. Chances are, you’re going to plan on what to bring and what to buy for your upcoming vacation to be successful. Interestingly, you can use that same energy to try and organize your household inventory as well. You can do this while packing or things or just separating things you have to get that bikini or trunks you’ve always wanted to wear. Since you’re already looking into your closet for clothes, you can use the same opportunity to take note of items you currently have and what you want to keep, sell, or even throw away. In the process, you might also be able to identify items you need to repair or replace for your upcoming move.
- Consider digital methods to accommodate your moving needs while you’re away. Thanks to modern technology, there’s no need to get physical when it comes to your move. With messaging apps, video applications, and digital documentation, you may be able to rely on digital submissions, voice calls, video conferences, and even digital organization when it comes to your move. This means you can allocate time during your tour for a quick 30-minute call with your movers or tend to your other moving needs, which maximizes your time especially if you’re on a long tour anyway.
- Buy moving needs alongside souvenirs. If you’re already on your trip, you might want to incorporate some of your shopping for your house move into your souvenir purchases. For instance, if you’re looking into buying new furniture for your new house, you might want to check if there are some available in the local market. If there’s a particular piece you loved in your destination that you’re sure won’t be available in your area, you might want to ask if there’s a way to have this delivered back home. That way, not only will you get a new item for your home, but it’s essentially going to be a souvenir as well.
- Hire professionals to handle the house move while you’re away. Professionals such as moving companies are equipped with the skills and training to be able to follow through various requirements set by their clients. With the right partnership, you may find a reliable moving team that you can leave to ensure that your things are properly packed, transported, and unpacked to your specifications. This helps more if you have a family member or a friend who can help supervise the move while you’re away, as movers require little supervision when it comes to the heavier logistical aspects of the moving process. You might leave for a few days and already see your things transported to your new home once you’re back.
Moving For Wanderlusts: Make It Easy For You
With the above tips in mind, you might be surprised to learn that moving houses can actually work even if you have a busy day travelling by yourself or with your loved ones. In fact, thanks to the above tips, you may finally have a way to have a house move you’re comfortable with – and even accomplish it while being away on a vacation you’ve planned for so long. With the right incorporation of planning and preparation, you can get a flawless move going on even throughout a cruise or an extended vacation.